Teledyne Defence (TD) has been manufacturing in the Shipley, UK area for over 30 years, originally producing Filters & Filter assemblies and now integrating these filters into higher level systems. With this growth has come the need for more complex manufacturing facilities to support all processes from bare die handling to mechanical integration. New disciplines, including Lean working, Kaizen, & 5S have been embraced and are now considered essential to the manufacturing processes of the facility.
Some of the current manufacturing disciplines include:
The state of the art 225 m2 class 10,000 cleanroom incorporates most of the modules manufacturing.
- Environmental Services / Contract Services
- Vibration services for qualification and screening
- HARASS services for ACCELERATED temperature
- Qualification and Screening
- 40 temperature testing stations
- Sealing (Seam Sealing and Laser Welding)
- Inspection, Finishing and Storage